Once In June has been shortlisted for the category “Sound Editing” at Watersprite Film Festival and as the e-mail says ‘It could assert its position in a fierce competition comprising 246 films from over forty countries’ which is very exciting to know. That means the film will be screened in Cambridge this February. It is possible that it will be nominated for Sound Editing Award and Best Animation award which I will know by February 22. Great news!
This year had a bunch of really good films! My top favourites (from what I’ve seen):
1. Elena (by Andrey Zvyagintsev, Russia)
2. We Need To Talk About Kevin (by Lynne Ramsay, UK/USA)
3. Tyrannosaur (by Paddy Considine, UK)
4. Submarine (by Richard Ayoade, UK) *(2010, but released in 2011 in the UK)
5. The Tree of Life (by Terence Malick, USA)